Date: Sunday, October 20, 2019
Location: Arvest Ballpark | MAP
Activities Begin: 1:30 p.m. | We Move Ceremony & Walk: 3:00 p.m.
Contact: Ronda Lewis | ph: 870-345-4056 |firstname.lastname@example.org
MOVING DAY Northwest Arkansas Event Details
MOVEMENT Activities Begin
Sponsor Tents Open
Resource Pavilion Opens
Kid Zone Opens
|3:00 p.m.||Opening Ceremony|
Ribbon Cutting and Walk Start
MOVEMENT Activities Continue During the Walk
|3:45 p.m.||Closing Ceremony|
|4:00 p.m.||Event Closes|
We Move Pavilion Schedule – 15 minutes per class
|1:35 p.m. – Parkinson’s Exercise Class – Baylee Newbauer|
|1:55 p.m. – PWR Moves – Encompass Health Rehab – Mary Plumlee|
|2:15 p.m. – Rock Steady Boxing NWA – Gabriele Campbell|
|2:40 p.m. – LSVT Big, UAMS – Jennifer Steinauer|
|3:00 p.m. – Parkinson’s Exercise Class – Warm Up for Walk, Holly Smith|
|3:30 p.m. – LSVT Loud, Rebecca Torres|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to https://movingdaywalk.org/event/moving-day-northwest-arkansas/ You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Arvest Ballpark : 3000 Gene George Blvd. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Free parking will be available at the left field gate. Parking spaces will be reserved for people with handicap placards.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There is a 1 mile option and a 3/4 mile option.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Northwest Arkansas. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National & Local Sponsor Row (1-13) – Meet with our National & Local Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by DJ Short.
- VIP Team Area – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day Northwest Arkansas?
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kids Zone – Activities and fun games for the younger kids. Come and meet Peek- A -Choo!
- Parkinson’s Foundation Experience – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: One available where the long and short walk connect.
Refreshments/Snacks: Fruit, Jimmy Johns, Little Debbie Snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation, please visit our website www.parkinson.org.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about the foundation, please contact us below:
Ronda Lewis| ph: 870-345-4056 |email@example.com
ATTN: Moving Day Northwest Arkansas / Ronda Lewis
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131