IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY BOCA RATON
Click here for the full event day details.
Moving Day Schedule:
8:00 a.m. – Registration, Refreshment Tent, Sponsor Tents and Movement Pavilion open
8:15 a.m. – Movement Activities Begin
9:30 a.m. – Opening Ceremony Begins
10:00 a.m. – Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Arch)
10:45 a.m. – Closing Ceremony, Award Presentations
11:30 a.m. – Close
Movement Pavilion Schedule:
|8:15 – 8:30 a.m.||Stretching|
|8:30 – 8:45 a.m.||Dance Therapy|
|8:50 – 9:10 a.m.||Beat to Defeat|
|9:10 – 9:25 a.m.||Boxing|
|10:10 – 10:25 a.m.||Speech|
|10:30 – 10:45 a.m.||Welcome Back Participants|
Click here for a printable version of the map.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Row – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- VIP Team Area – A special area for our VIP teams from the prior year. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion (Stage) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals. The stage is also home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
Directions to the walk?
The event is located at Florida Atlantic University’s Stadium, click here for Google Maps driving directions. When you arrive, follow the Moving Day signs.
Where do I park?
Free parking is available at Parking Garage #3. Please only use Level 2 and higher. There are elevators available on the East Side.
Will there be food or beverages?
What if it rains?
Moving Day will take place rain or shine unless there is a circumstance of extreme weather. Please dress accordingly.
How long is the walk route?
This non-competitive walk is just around the inside of FAU Stadium. We encourage everyone to walk around twice!
Do I have to visit the Registration Tent? What if I registered online?
Yes. We ask that everyone in attendance stops by the Registration Tent, even if you’ve already registered online. It’s how we’ll provide you with important information, including last minute updates, and make sure you’ve signed a participation waiver.
Does every participant get a Moving Day T-shirt?
Every registered participant will receive a limited edition Moving Day T-shirt if they achieved the fundraising minimum of $100. Moving Day T-shirts will be given to participants on walk day. If we do not have a T-shirt for you at the event, we will order one for you and it will be given after the walk.
Are there other fundraising incentives besides the Moving Day T-Shirt?
After the event has taken place, you will have an additional 30 days to get your donations in to qualify for an incentive prize. Visit the Moving Day website for more details.
I have donations to turn in. Can I do that day of event?
Please drop them off at the Registration Tent when you arrive.
Can I donate at Moving Day?
Yes! We’ll be accepting cash, check and credit card donations at the Registration Tent.
I’m still waiting for some donations. Can I turn them in after the event?
Yes! You can continue fundraising and turn in donations up to 60 days after the event.
What should I tell people who don’t want to donate online?
Donations can be mailed to:
Parkinson’s Foundation South Palm Beach County Chapter
ATTN: Moving Day
21301 Powerline Road, Suite 303
Boca Raton, FL 33433
Please make checks payable to Parkinson’s Foundation. Include Moving Day Boca Raton and your name on the memo line so we can properly credit the funds to you and your team.
How can I become a volunteer?
The success of Moving Day depends heavily on the support we receive from our volunteers in the months leading up to the event and on walk day. There are many ways you can get involved, for more information, contact Mariah Moscone at 561-332-1749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else should I know about Moving Day Boca Raton 2018?
Please do not forget, Daylight Savings Time ends at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, November 4.