IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY CENTRAL NY
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion, Parkinson’s Experience Tent, Basket Raffle – all open|
|9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|10:45 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Arch)|
|11:00 a.m.||Walk begins|
|11:45 a.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:30 a.m.||Dance Therapist Megan Perioli|
|9:45 a.m.||LSVT BIG with Julie Lombardi and Luz Yates Horton|
|10:00 a.m.||Tai Chi with Patrick Vanbeveren|
|10:15 a.m.||RockSteady Boxing with Vanbeveren and Jeanette Riley|
|10:30 a.m.||Dance for PD group with Robin Ormsby|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaycentralny.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The closest entrance to our walk location is the North Entrance on OCC Drive North. The image below indicates the location of Moving Day.
Parking: Parking will be available in lots 8 and 9. Handicapped parking and the Drop Off Point will be available in lot 8. There will be parking volunteers directing you where to go.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. The walk is 1-mile around the interior part of the campus. There will be spots to rest along the walk route.
Site Map: Map coming soon!
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Central NY. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s, including local sponsors US WorldMeds, Abbvie, The Hearth, Mother Goose, Quadrant Biosciences, Goldwyn and Boyland PT and Brookdale.
- National Sponsor Row – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
- 10:45 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies (including a warm-up for the walk)
- 11:00 a.m. – Ribbon Cutting at Start and Finish line
- 11:45 a.m. – Closing Ceremonies
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures at the Start and Finish Line!
- Kid’s Zone – Face painting and balloon sculptures.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- Parkinson’s Experience Tent – This tent has stations that simulate different Parkinson’s symptoms. This is an interactive tent.
Restrooms: Restrooms will be in the SRC arena.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and the top 5 teams by Monday, May 27 are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks (Tent REF): Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: Dogs are not allowed.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Parkinson’s Foundation Greater Rochester Chapter
Attn: Moving Day Central NY
1000 Elmwood Ave., Suite 1600
Rochester, NY 14620
PF’s Tax ID Number is: 13-1866796
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. Also, we ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.