With the forecast of inclement weather for Sunday, we wanted to address a few issues. We would like you to know that our event will take place Rain or Shine! The only reason we would cancel the event would be in the advent of lightning or high sustained winds. We do not expect to have to cancel the event, of course, but should that happen, our staff will call each Team Captain to let them know. It will be the responsibility of the Team Captain to let their Team Members know. Also…if you have any doubts as to the weather and the event, you can go to our website www.MovingDayChicago.org, and there you would find a notice of the cancellation. If you do not see this notice then we are planning for the event to proceed.
We also understand that even though there might not be lightning or high winds, it can be difficult particularly for people in wheelchairs or walkers to navigate through wet areas. You will have to use your own discretion to decide whether yourself or your loved one will be able to successfully manage this potential situation. Soldier Field – South Lot is very even, paved, and does not tend to flood or gather water but still, we understand that even rain can cause difficulty. The walk path itself is also paved.
If you should not be able to attend, please know that we will be sure to get your fundraising rewards to you. If your Team Captain is attending, they can pick up your rewards for you. If not, any rewards unclaimed at the end of the event will be mailed out to the recipient. So, no worries about that.
Again, we are truly hoping for fair weather (this is Chicago after all!) but just wanted to answer some questions that we thought you might have.