IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY DFW
Click here for the full event day details.
Moving Day Schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. – Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, and Movement Pavilion open
- 9:40 a.m. – Welcome and Warm-Up for Walk
- 10:00 a.m. – Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Balloon Arch)
- 12:00 p.m. – Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation and Moving Day Passport winner will be announced.
- 12:30 p.m. – Close
Movement Pavilion Schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. — Move/Laugh/Connect – Instructor: Tammy Slauson, DAPS
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. — LSVT Big/Loud – Instructor: Elizabeth Peterson, LSVT Global
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. — Head to Main Stage for Opening Ceremony (Announcements, Testimonials, Zumba)
- 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. — Cycling – Instructor: Kevin McKinnon, Fort Worth YMCA
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. — Dance for PD – Instructor: Misty Owens
- 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. — Rock Steady Boxing – Instructor: Rick Gonzalez, UFC Gym
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. — Tai Chi – Instructor: Mike Braitsch, Tribe Wellness
IN ADDITION TO THE WALK, WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
Click here for a printable version of the map.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day DFW. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by DJ Chris Brown from Chris Brown DJ Services.
- Activities: Zumba with Valerie Johnson at 9:50 a.m.
- VIP Team Area – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2018?
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Caregiver’s Tent – Need a break from all the fun activities, kick your feet up in the Caregiver’s Tent.
- Kid’s Zone – Activities for the younger set including carnival games and a visit by Shimmy Giggles and Friends, who will be entertaining the crowd and making fun balloon sculptures and glitter tattoos.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
When should I register for Moving Day?
Register online at movingdaydfw.org for easy check-in the day of walk. If you don’t register online prior to the event, please visit the Registration Tent upon arrival.
What is the registration fee?
There is no registration fee for Moving Day. However, we ask every participant to make a personal donation and commit to raising funds for the fight against Parkinson’s disease.
Do I have to visit the Registration Tent? What if I registered online?
Yes. We ask that everyone in attendance stops by the Registration Tent, even if you’ve already registered online. It’s how we’ll provide you with important information including last minute updates.
How do I get a T-shirt? Can I buy one?
Every registered participant will receive a T-shirt on walk day after achieving the fundraising minimum of $100. They are not for sale.
I have donations to turn in. Can I do that on walk day?
Please drop them off at the Registration Tent when you arrive.
Can I donate at Moving Day?
Of course! We’ll be accepting cash, check, and credit card donations at Registration.
What should I tell people who don’t want to donate online?
Donations can be mailed to:
ATTN: Moving Day DFW
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, Florida 33131
Please make checks payable to Parkinson’s Foundation. Include Moving Day DFW and your name on the memo line so we can properly credit the funds to you.
The event is located at Lone Star Park, 1000 Lone Star Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX 75050. Click here for driving directions. When you arrive follow the Moving Day signs.
Where do I Park?
Free parking is available at Lone Star Park.
Click here for a printable version of the map.
Will there be food or beverages?
Water and other light refreshments will be available on walk day. In-N-Out Burger will be donating 400 lunches to our participants.
Is Moving Day rain or shine?
Moving Day is rain or shine, so please dress appropriately! Be sure to check the weather forecast so you can prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website or before the morning of the event.
When is the cutoff to qualify for fundraising incentives?
After the event has taken place, you will have an additional 30 days to collect donations and qualify for an incentive prize. But you can continue fundraising and turn in donations up to 60 days after Moving Day.
How far is the walk? Is it timed?
We will have two options; a 1 mile walk and a 5K. Neither are timed so take your time and enjoy the beautiful route.