IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY FRESNO
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|9:20 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|10:20 a.m.||Welcome and Warm Up for Walk|
|10:35 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Balloon Arch)|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:20 a.m.||Fall Prevention and Balance Moves with Monica Rivera and the Department of Physical Therapy at Fresno State|
|9:40 a.m.||Rock Steady Boxing Cognition Drills with John Bowers of Rock Steady Boxing Central Cal|
|10:00 a.m.||Rock Steady Boxing with Jessica Tax of Rock Steady Boxing Fresno|
|10:50 a.m.||30-minute seated demo TBA|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.MovingDayFresno.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The closest entrance to our walk location is the Friant Road gates at the intersection of Friant and N. Fort Washington Road. The image below indicates the location of Moving Day.
Park Fees: There is normally a $5 fee to enter Woodward Park. Moving Day will cover the entry fee for all registered walkers. Vouchers for entry will be made available the Friday before the walk via email. If you prefer to receive a paper voucher mailed to you, you must inform Colleen by Friday, March 29, 2019 by calling 415-367-4045 or emailing email@example.com.
Parking: Parking is available along the park roads and at the lots adjacent to the NE 12 Acres area (near guard hut off Friant Road, and next to dog park). The picture above indicates parking with the turquoise blue lines.
Handicapped parking and the Drop Off Point will be available in the first lot on your right as you enter from the Friant Road guard booths. This lot is indicated with the star icon.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There will be a choice of 1/4-mile Victory Lap, 1-mile and 3-mile options as well as a seated class that continues during the walk itself. The images below will show you the walk routes available.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Fresno. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight (Tents B, D & #1) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s, including local sponsors US WorldMeds, Rock Steady Boxing Fresno and Solar Negotiators.
- National Sponsor Row (#2 – #9) – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by David Press our local Neil Diamond tribute singer and DJ.
- Activities: 10:20 a.m. Opening Ceremonies (including a crowd sing-along of Sweet Caroline), 10:35 a.m. Ribbon Cutting at Start and Finish line, 12:00 p.m. Passport drawing winners announced
- VIP Team Area (Tent C) – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures at the Start and Finish Line!
- Kids Zone (#15) – Activities for the younger set including carnival games and a visit by Miss Pockets, who will be entertaining the crowd and making fun balloon sculptures.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent (PFR) – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion (Tent B) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: All restrooms including ADA are available at the edge of the parking lot.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and the top 5 teams by Monday, April 1 are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks (Tent REF): Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: Dogs are allowed but must always be leashed and need to be cleaned up after.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Fresno
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
PF’s Tax ID Number is: 13-1866796
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. Also, we ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.