IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY LAS VEGAS
Registration: Registration, check-in and event activities begin at 9:00 a.m. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST CHECK-IN WHEN YOU ARRIVE. Any friends or family joining you who have not signed up yet, can do so ONLINE or at the registration tent. If they want to speed up their experience have them fill out this Registration Form before they arrive.
T-Shirt Pick-Up: Registered participants who have raised $100 or more can pick up their Moving Day T-shirt at the event. You will receive your coupon to redeem at the t-shirt booth when you check-in at registration. Only one t-shirt is awarded per participant who meets the fundraising minimum. Additional incentives like rally towels/bandanas will also be made available for pick-up at the t-shirt booth. Please contact Colleen Fischer for questions at 415-367-4045 or email email@example.com.
Donations: Please visit the registration tent to submit cash, check and credit card donations. Please have THIS FORM filled out for donations you are submitting that will require a receipt.
Moving Day supports vital research and free Parkinson’s Foundation initiatives like:
Helpline – 1-800-4PD-INFO (473-4636)
Aware In Care Kits
Substantial Matters (PF Podcasts)
Ask the Doctor Forums
Near Me feature
A portion of the funds raised will also be made available for use in the local Las Vegas PD community. To see what types of programs these funds support, visit our Moving Day Bay Area grants page!
Directions: The event is located at Wayne Bunker Family Park in Northwest Las Vegas. Please enter the following address into your device: 7351 W Alexander Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89129. Upon arrival, Moving Day signs will direct you to the event area. There will be space to drop off guests before heading to park.
Parking: Parking is available within the park and along the street curb on Alexander Street. Moving Day will be setup in the area marked by the blue P.
Click here for a printable version of the parking image.
Handicapped Parking: Handicapped parking for those with decals or hanging tags will be available in the spots supplied by the park.
Food/Beverages: Fresh fruit and granola bars will be available before and during the walk. Iced water stations will be set up at the event site and along the route.
Weather: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! It is expected to be comfortably warm on Sunday. Please dress accordingly.
Fundraising Incentives: You have 30 days after the event to continue fundraising. If you raise $500 or more, you will receive an incentive certificate email 5 to 6 weeks after the event, to redeem online.
Please mail checks and matching gift forms received after the event to:
ATTN: Moving Day Las Vegas
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL, 33131
Please include a note listing the walker and team to receive fundraising credit, or have THIS FORM filled out for each donation you are sending to our national offices.
What can I do before the walk?
- Grab some continental breakfast items at the food tent. Chat with our National Partners and Local Sponsors. Visit with all of the incredible medical teams and companies in our Resource Pavilion.
- Pick up your Moving Day t-shirt if you qualify for one.
- Join in for a couple of classes in the Movement Pavilion.
- The Movement Pavilions are tents that will house exercise instructors teaching various classes of Parkinson’s specific movements. While the classes are geared to PD, anyone in attendance can join and MOVE with us any way they want. Demonstrations include classes like, boxing, dance, yoga, Tai Chi, and more!
- Visit the Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent.
9:00 a.m. – Registration – Resource Pavilion – Movement Pavilion OPEN
9:10 a.m. – Movement Demonstration #1 – Warmup Yoga and Stretching with Erika Trujillo, LMT, MMP, E-RYT200
9:30 a.m. – Movement Demonstration #2 – Dancing and Laughing with PD with Patricia Monreal
9:50 a.m. – Movement Demonstration #3 – Rock Steady Boxing with Coach Martie Vlcek of Rock Steady Boxing Green Valley
10:10 a.m. – Opening Ceremony (Stage)
10:30 a.m. – Walk Begins
10:45 a.m. – 30-minute seated Movement and Music class taught by Cleveland Clinic team Christy Ross, PT, DPT and Becky Wellman, PhD, LPMT, MT-BC.
11:30 a.m. – Movement Demonstration #4 – Dancing with Parkinson’s-us with Pamela Lappen
11:50 a.m. – Closing Ceremonies start, Passport Prizes drawn, and Top Teams announced. Event vendors stay open for celebrating with music that will MOVE your feet.
Around 12:30 p.m. – Event ends when all walkers have completed their walk laps and exited the course
What can I do after the walk?
- Stick around for the closing ceremony to hear who the top teams are for 2018 and watch the drawing for the passport prizes at noon!
- Setup a picnic in the adjacent park area for your team to continue celebrating after the walk concludes.
- Make some new friends!
- Celebrate movement!
Walk Lengths: There’s a choice of walking a ¼ mile Victory Lap, 1.5-mile or 3-mile route. If guests are not comfortable walking there will be a class during the walk so they can keep MOVING!
NATIONAL SPONSOR TENTS
Right at Home
Special thanks to our Local Sponsors:
Special thanks to our Community Partners:
PARKINSON’S FOUNDATION MISSION TENT
- Order Parkinson’s Foundation materials like books, fact sheets, Aware In Care kits and more.
- Select and wear the mardi gras beads that highlight your connection to Parkinson’s.
- Craft your walk bib with the name of the loved one you are walking for.
- Learn about the various Parkinson’s Foundation programs and how you can get involved.
RESOURCE PAVILION VENDORS
We will have organizations from throughout the Las Vegas area. Groups like Friends of Parkinson’s, support groups, fitness classes, senior service companies and more! You can also visit our sponsor booths for a wide variety of materials and companies with information on PD.
Organizations interested in becoming a part of the Resource Pavilion should reach out to walk coordinator Colleen Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 415-367-4045.
- Dancing with Parkinson’s-us – Pamela Lappen
- Erika Trujillo Yoga
- Dancing and Laughing with PD – Patricia Monreal
- Rock Steady Boxing Green Valley
- Motorvation – Darbe Schlosser
- UNLV Physical Therapy Clinical Research Recruitment