We wish to address some important considerations in light of the forecasted inclement weather for Saturday. Moving Day Long Island is planned to proceed “Rain or Shine!” Cancellation would only occur in the event of lightning or high sustained winds. Rest assured, we will notify registered participants via email if any changes occur.
However, we need to correct a previous message posted in error on our website, stating that the event is canceled. Please disregard that message, as the event IS NOT canceled and is scheduled to proceed as planned.
For weather-related updates, visit MovingDayLongIsland.org . If no cancellation notice is posted, the event will go on.
We recognize challenges for those with mobility devices in wet conditions. Please use your discretion regarding attendance.
If you cannot attend, we’ll ensure you receive fundraising rewards. Team Captains can collect them if attending; otherwise, they’ll be mailed out.
We’re hopeful for fair weather. Contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you for all you do to help us beat Parkinson’s!