IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY LOUISVILLE
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|8:30 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|8:30 a.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|9:15 a.m.||Opening Ceremony|
|9:25 a.m.||Warm up|
|9:30 a.m.||Ribbon Cutting and Walk Start (1-mile and 1.2-mile options) Movement Activities continue during walk|
|10:30 a.m.||Closing Ceremonies and Passport Raffle|
|11:00 a.m.||Event Closes|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|8:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.||LSVT Southern Indiana Rehab – Jen Robinson|
|8:50 a.m. to 9:05 a.m.||Rock Steady Full Moon Martial Arts|
|9:20 a.m. (Main Stage)||DanceWise for Parkinson’s – Elena Diehl|
|9:45 a.m.||LSVT during the walk for those not walking|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaylouisville.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
Make sure to pick up your passport at the Registration Tent. It has a map of our sponsors and resources. If you visit all the sites and get your passport stamped at each one, you will be able to submit your passport for a drawing at the closing ceremony. Must be present to win.
All participants that have preregistered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
3151 Pee Wee Reese Rd
Louisville, KY 40207
Directions: The entrance to the event is off Cannons Lane 40207. Moving Day Louisville will take place in the area between the tennis courts and the softball field next to the playground. The streets that circle this area are Pee Wee Reese Road and Rock Creek Drive. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Parking is available around the perimeter of the park and at Christian Academy Rock Creek.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. It is a flat surface that starts at the site and goes around the perimeter.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Louisville. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. The Stage is also party central with Wave3’s Dawne Gee as our MC.
- VIP Team Area – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day Louisville? Small continental breakfast will be provided to those reaching a goal of $500 or more.
- Kid’s Zone – We will have a bouncy house and face painter.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: Restrooms can be found onsite (please see site map above).
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more are invited to join us at the Breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and bottled water provided in the refreshment tent.
Dogs: Dogs are allowed but must always be leashed and cleaned up after.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Louisville
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. We ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.