IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY MILWAUKEE
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Movement Pavilion, Resource Pavilion open|
|10:00 a.m.||Welcome and Warm-Up for Walk|
|10:30 a.m.||Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Balloon Arch)|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:10 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.||PWR Moves|
|9:40 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.||The Parkinson’s Dance Class|
|11:15 a.m. to 11:35 a.m.||BIG and LOUD skills class|
|11:40 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.||Rock Steady Boxing|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.MovingDayMilwaukee.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: Moving Day Milwaukee will take place in Hart Park at the Chestnut Street Common picnic area. The event site will be located at 7300 Chestnut Street, Wauwatosa, WI, 53213 (Click here for driving directions).
Parking: There are various parking options near Hart Park. The Hart Park parking lot is located at 7300 Chestnut Street. This is the closet lot; it is adjacent to Chestnut Street Commons. Overflow parking is available at the Hark Park Lane lot located at 7200 Hart Park Lane.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. It is a 2-mile walk along the Oak Leaf Trail.
Moving Day Activities:
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Milwaukee. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Local Sponsor Tents – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- VIP Team Area – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kid’s Zone – There will be carnival games, and Jester Entertainment will be doing face painting and entertaining the crowd.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- T-Shirt Pick Up – Pick up your prize shirt if you’ve have raised $100 or more, individuals must obtain a ticket from the Registration Tent.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- Registration Tent – Check in when you arrive onsite!
- Food Tent – Recharge with complimentary snack items and water.
ADA Restrooms: Yes, there will be portable ADA restrooms at the event site.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and teams that have raised $3,000 by Monday, June 3 are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff member will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs are not allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Milwaukee
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. We ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.