IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY SACRAMENTO
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Parkinson’s Foundation Resource Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|9:20 a.m. to 10:10 a.m.||Movement Pavilion Demonstrations|
|10:15 a.m.||Opening Ceremony, National Anthem, and Warm-Up for Walk|
|10:30 a.m.||Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Inflatable Arch)|
|10:50 a.m.||Seated demos in Movement Pavilion B – Mindfulness Mediation and Tai Chi|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony and passport prize winners drawn|
|12:30 p.m.||Event Ends|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:20 a.m.||Movement Pavilion 1 – PWR! Moves with Paul McCarthy
Movement Pavilion 2 – Yoga for PD with Donna Rixmann
|9:50 a.m.||Movement Pavilion 1 – Rock Steady Boxing Greater Sacramento affiliates
Movement Pavilion 2 – Sacramento Dance for Parkinson’s with Kathy Van Hoof and Elaine Silver
|10:50 a.m.||Movement Pavilion 2
Seated demos during walk: Mindfulness Meditation (Dennis Warren) & Tai Chi (Sabitre Rodriguez)
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.MovingDaySacramento.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
American River College – Parking Lot A
5100 Myrtle Ave
Sacramento, CA 95841
Directions: Moving Day Sacramento is located on the main campus of American River College in Parking Lot A. You will see signage and parking for the event off Myrtle Ave. The image below shows you where the event will be once you arrive on campus.
Parking: Parking is available in the spaces immediately adjacent to the main event site. Please use caution when entering and leaving the parking lots for increased pedestrian safety.
Handicapped parking and the Drop Off Point are indicated on the Site Map section below.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There will be a choice of 1/4-mile Victory Lap, 1.5-mile and 3-mile options as well as a seated class that continues during the walk itself. The images below will show you the walk routes available.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Sacramento. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight (Tents RPA, RPB & #2) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s, including local sponsor US WorldMeds.
- National Sponsor Row (#3 – #12) – Meet with our National Partners and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- 10:15 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies
- 10:35 a.m. – Ribbon Cutting at Start and Finish line
- 12:00 p.m. – Passport drawing winners announced
- VIP Team Area – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures at the Start and Finish Line or use our Parkinson’s Foundation backdrop at the Parkinson’s Foundation Resource Tent!
- Kid’s Zone (#13) – Activities for the younger set including games, a special coloring gift for their loved one with Parkinson’s, bubbles, prizes for a PD trivia wheel. It will be a fantastic and fun way for kids of all ages to start the day!
- Parkinson’s Foundation Resource Tent (PFR) – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion (MP1 and MP2) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: All restrooms including ADA are available at the tree line on the east side of the event site. There will also be restrooms available at Water Stop B along the walk route.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast (VIP Tent): All participants that have raised $500 or more and the top 5 teams by the end of the day Monday, April 29 are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks (Tent REF): Mandarin oranges, bananas, granola bars, and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: Dogs are allowed but must always be leashed and are cleaned up after.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Sacramento
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
PF’s Tax ID Number is: 13-1866796
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. We ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.