IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY SAN DIEGO
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|9:10 a.m. to 10:20 a.m.||Movement Pavilion Demonstrations|
|10:20 a.m.||Opening Ceremony (at Stage)|
|10:30 a.m.||Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Inflatable Arch)|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation|
|12:30 p.m.||Close of Event|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity (at tent marked MP in site map below)
|10:00 a.m.||UCSD Movement Demo (at Stage)|
|10:45 a.m.||UCSD Seated demo|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.MovingDaySanDiego.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Liberty Station’s Preble Field in NTC Park: 2581 Cushing Rd, San Diego, CA 92106. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Limited, free parking will be available in the areas outlined below. Parking spaces will be reserved for people with handicap placards.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There is a 1-mile, 1.5-mile, and 3-mile option.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day San Diego. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight (RP & MP) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s. Make sure to visit with local sponsor Abbott at our Movement Pavilion!
- National Sponsor Row (#5 – #12) – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by our DJ!
- 10:15 a.m. – Opening Ceremonies
- 11:15 a.m. – Post walk line dance party! Join us while teams complete the walk route and show us your dance moves to great songs like the Electric Slide, YMCA, Twist, Cupid Shuffle, The Hustle and more!
- VIP Team Area (#13) – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Team Photo Area (Inflatable Arch) – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kid’s Zone (near #2) – Activities for the younger set including bubbles, hula hoops, and a special project for your loved one with PD. Stop by and get a temporary tattoo!
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent (#2) – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion (MP) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: Available in the adjacent parking lot (portable units).
Top Fundraiser Breakfast (VIP): All participants that have raised $500 or more and the top three teams by Monday, June 17 at 11:59 p.m. are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks (#3): Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent for all walkers.
Dogs: Dogs are welcome at Moving Day but must be leashed at ALL times and cleaned up after.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day San Diego
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. We ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.