IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY TWIN CITIES
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Zone, Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent, Resource Tent and Move Zones open|
|10:00 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Warm-Up for the Walk|
|11:15 a.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team & Individual Award Presentation|
|12:00 p.m.||Close of event – See you next year!|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaytwincities.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
Directions: The event is located at Hilde Performance Center & Park (3500 Plymouth Blvd.) in Plymouth. Click here for Google Maps driving directions. When you arrive follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Free parking is available along Plymouth Boulevard and 34th Avenue. Handicapped parking and drop-off is located at the Hilde Park surface lot accessible from Plymouth Boulevard.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. Choose from one of two walk routes. Stay within the park and take the quarter of a mile route or venture out of the park for a mile and a half walk. The walk is not timed, but be sure to join us for the closing ceremony at 11:15 a.m. See map below.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Twin Cities. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Parkinson’s Foundation Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures by LifeTouch!
- Kid’s Zone – Activities for kids including yard games, temporary tattoos, and face painters.
- The Main Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- VIP Tents – A special area for our VIP teams, these were the first five teams to raise $5,000 each! Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2020?
- Move Zones – Get moving with our Move Zone partners! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- Move Zones:
- Boxing with Title Boxing
- Yoga with Teri Grubar
- Nordic Walking with Linda Lemke
- Seated Exercise with Struther’s
- Move Zones:
Learn more from our partners! Be sure to visit event partners who provide important information and resources to live well with Parkinson’s. Exhibits will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. This year’s partners include:
- Boston Scientific
- Capistrant Parkinson’s Center
- Maser | Amundson | Boggio
- Noran Neurology Clinic
- Oasis Senior Advisors
- Parkinson’s Specialty Care Living Well Home Health
- Right at Home
- Struthers Parkinson’s Center
- UMN Udall Center
- US World Meds
- VA Hospital
ADA Restrooms: Yes, ADA restrooms are available on-site.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and our VIP teams are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
First Aid: First Aid will be in their own tent at the center of the event.
Dogs: Well-behaved dogs are welcome on a leash. Be sure that your dog is comfortable around large crowds of people and other dogs. Please make sure you clean up after your pet.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Parkinson’s Foundation Minnesota
Attn: Moving Day Twin Cities
8085 Wayzata Blvd, Ste 100
Golden Valley, MN 55426
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.