Moving Day Event – Saturday, November 7, 2020
12 noon – 1:30pm (link to virtual event to be sent out via email by November 5)
Some of the highlights that we will bring to you and your team at ‘home’ or wherever you choose to have a ‘watch’ party on Saturday, November 7!
- Majority of the pre-recorded virtual event will be shot from Dix Park…we will bring the venue to YOU!
- We will highlight 4 local stories. Bill Leslie will share an inspiring story about a person with Parkinson’s, a care partner, someone who lost a loved one to Parkinson’s and an individual/organization that goes above and beyond in providing services to people with Parkinson’s.
- Bill Leslie will be our emcee…local retired anchor from WRAL!
- Showcase our two local Center’s of Excellence: UNC and Duke!
- Every 9 minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson’s in our country…every 9 minutes during the virtual event we will highlight resources available for people with Parkinson’s.
- Offer six different movement exercises – these will all be interactive so have your exercise attire on!
- LSVT BIG
- LSVT LOUD
- Rock Steady Boxing
- Highlight national and local sponsors…learn why they are involved and support us!
- Some surprises that will be FUN
- ‘Watch Party’ contest…take pictures and send them to Diana at email@example.com. Planning Committee to select the most ‘spirited’ group.
- End the virtual event by encouraging all participants to go walk their neighborhood!! Wear your team shirts!
For more information or questions contact Diana Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org.