Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Location: BREC Highland Road Park Pavilion| MAP
Registration opens: 9:00 a.m. | Walk start time: 10:30 a.m.
Contact: Stacey Brandau | ph: 251-207-4504 |
Schedule of Events
|9:00||Registration & Festivities Begin|
|9:15||Movement Pavilion Opens|
|10:15||We Move Ceremony Begins|
|10:30||Moving Day Walk Starts|
|10:40||We Move Pavilion Exercises Resume|
|11:35||Closing Remarks &
Passport Raffle Winner Announced
We Move Pavilion Schedule
|9:15||Movement Matters- YMCA Southside|
|9:35||Big Loud/ LVST- Sage Rehab|
|9:55||Dance For Parkinson’s Baton Rouge|
|10:40||Movement Matters- YMCA Southside|
|11:00||Dance2Fit with Britt|
|11:20||Rock Steady Boxing Baton Rouge|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to https://movingdaywalk.org/event/moving-day-baton-rouge/You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Highland Park 14024 Highland Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70810. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: There are spaces in front of the park, if those fill up additional parking is across the street. A crossing guard will be available. Feel free to drop off participants in front of registration before finding additional parking.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. ¼ mile and a 2/3 mile
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Baton Rouge). There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight– Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row– Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage– Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music
- VIP Team Area A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019
- Team Photo Area– Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kids Zone– Activities for the younger set including face-painting, bubbles , cheerleaders, coloring and much more
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent– Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you.
- Movement Pavilion– Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: yes at the stage.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and teams that have raised $2500 by May 31st are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: leashed dogs are allowed at Highland Park
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Baton Rouge
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation, please visit our website www.parkinson.org.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about the foundation, please contact us below:
Stacey Brandau | ph: 251-207-4504 |
ATTN: Moving Day Baton Rouge / Stacey Brandau
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131