Date: Saturday, June 1, 2019
Location: Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool | MAP
2 Lincoln Memorial Circle NW, Washington, DC 20037
Registration opens: 8:30 a.m. | Walk start time: 10:30 a.m.
|8:30 a.m.||Registration Opens and Activities Begin
|9:00 a.m.||Heart Tree Yoga Breathe. Move. Empower.|
|9:15 a.m.||LSVT Big Nova Care Rehabilitation|
|9:25 a.m.||Power Posse Line Dance|
|9:30 a.m.||Rock Steady Boxing NoVA|
|10:00 a.m.||Opening Ceremony|
|Dance by Power Posse’|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony/Awards|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
Yoga – Breathe. Move. Empower
LSVT BIG Nova Care Rehabilitation
Rock Steady Boxing NoVA
Movement Pavilion Activity Stations provided by Movement Disorder Education & Exercise- Unfortunately Cancelled
** Line up subject to change**
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaydc.org. Although, you can register on walk day at the Registration Tent, we strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at 2 Lincoln Memorial Circle NW, Washington, DC 20037. When you arrive, please head to the JFK Hockey Field.
Parking: Public Transportation is the best option for reaching National Mall and Memorial Park sites easily. Parking is available along Ohio Drive, SW between the Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson Memorials. Handicap parking located on Daniel French Dr. & on South side of Lincoln Memorial. Best drop-off point is Lincoln Memorial Circle. Parking around the Lincoln Memorial is extremely limited. Parking meters are restricted to three hours maximum. Carpooling and Metro Transit strongly encouraged. Closest Metro station is Foggy Bottom (Blue-Orange-Silver). There is only one exit at Foggy Bottom on 23rd Street. From the metro, make an immediate right turn onto 23rd Street, and follow down to the memorial. PLEASE BE SURE YOU LEAVE AMPLE TIME FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. Our site is about a 15-20-minute walk depending on your speed from the Metro station.
*If you will be driving into the site it is very important you follow instructions on parking signs and meters* Please download the Park Mobile app on your device for opportunity to extend parking time.
Walk Route: The route is just over a mile and begins and ends at the Arch adjacent to the stage. Follow the outer sidewalk trail down to 17th St, make a left on the outer sidewalk trail and head back towards the Lincoln steps and back around to the Arch.
If you’re looking for a longer route, feel free to loop twice.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day DC. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion (#22) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- Sponsor Row (#7 – #17) – Meet with our National and Local Sponsors and learn about the resources and services they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage (#19) – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the stage is also party central. Music provided by Greg Lucas of Three J’s Entertainment.
- Photo Booth (#18) – Provided by ARSO Neuro Rehab
- Rewards Tent (#20) – Participants who qualify for rewards will pick up a rewards card at registration.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent (#21) – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion (#5-6) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- VIP Tent (#24-25) – All participants that have raised $500 or more and teams that have raised $5000 or more by May 17th, are invited to join us for a continental breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
- Kids Zone (#23) – Painting and coloring for the younger set
- Refreshments/Snacks (#4) – Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
ADA Restrooms: Just pass the Arch.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day DC
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation, please visit our website www.parkinson.org.
Click here for volunteer opportunities.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about the foundation, please contact us below:
Tami Brown | ph: 301-329-2673 | firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Moving Day DC / Tami Brown
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131