Date: Saturday, April 27, 2019
Location: War Memorial Stadium | MAP
Registration opens: 9:00 a.m. | Walk start time: 10:00 a.m.
Contact: Debbie Nathan| ph: 214-469-7661 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer: Click Here for Moving Day Little Rock Volunteer opportunities!
|9:00 a.m.||Registration Opens & Festivities Begin
|9 a.m.||Movement Pavilion Opens|
|10:00 a.m.||Welcome and Warm-Up for Walk|
|10:15 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins|
|11:45 a.m.||Closing Ceremony|
|Tai Chi||9:00a – 9:20a||Sherry Woods – Movement Pavilion|
|Rock Steady Boxing Hot Springs||9:30a – 9:50a||Amy Johnson – Movement Pavilion|
|LSVT – BIG Loud||10:30a – 10:50a||Laticha & Cathi & Claire- Main Stage During Walk|
|Rock Steady Boxing LRAC||11:15a – 11:45a||Mary Olson & Ted Riedeburg- Movement Pavilion|
Registration: Click here to register online for Moving Day. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at War Memorial Stadium : 1 Stadium Drive. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs and enter in gate 11.
Parking: There is plenty of parking in the main parking lot. Handicap parking is on the front row. Golf carts will be there to transport anyone that needs assistance.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. It is a very short walk in front of the stadium. LSVT Big/Loud will be showcased on the main stage for those that don’t want to walk.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Little Rock. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- Resource Pavilion & Sponsor Spotlight – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central. Thanks to our DJ Mark Holt with Native Sound.
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kids Zone – Sponsored by Wardlaw Orthodontics – Activities for the younger set including photo booth, potato sack races, games and baggo, Parkview Mimes who will be entertaining the crowd. Along with Central High School Cheerleaders and band.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
ADA Restrooms: Available in the concourse.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent. Food will be available for purchase, a portion of the proceeds will go to The Parkinson’s Foundation.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs are not allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Little Rock
200 SE 1st Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation, please visit our website www.parkinson.org.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about the foundation, please contact us below:
Debbie Nathan| ph: 214-469-7661 |email@example.com
ATTN: Moving Day Little Rock / Debbie Nathan
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131