Date: Saturday, November 9, 2019
Location: Maurice A. Ferré Park (formerly Museum Park) | MAP
Activities Begin: 8:00 A.M. | We Move Ceremony & Walk: 9:30 A.M.
What you need to know? Printable Version
|8:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Parkinson’s Experience Tent, VIP Area, Sponsor Row, and Activities open|
|8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.||We Move Pavilion Activities|
|9:20 a.m.||Welcome & Warm-Up by West Gables Rehab Hospital|
|9:30 a.m.||We Move Ceremony and Walk Begins|
|9:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.||We Move Pavilion Activities resume|
|11:30 a.m.||Closing Ceremony|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|8:15 a.m.||Yoga Therapy Aum hOMe Shala|
|8:35 a.m.||Yoga by Flo-Yo|
|8:55 a.m.||Big & Loud West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital|
|9:20 a.m.||CLOSED FOR WELCOME|
|10:40 a.m.||Exercise Demo Rock Steady Boxing MAR-JCC|
|11:00 a.m.||Cool Down Rock Steady Boxing MAR-JCC|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdayMiami.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Maurice A. Ferre Park (formerly Museum Park): 1075 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Location & Parking
The Moving Day Miami event will take place at Maurice A. Ferré Park (formerly Museum Park) located at 1075 Biscayne Blvd. Google Map Location (next to the Frost Museum of Science). Bayside Market Place Parking is providing the discounted rate of $7. Tickets will need to be validated at the parking garage office for special rate no later than 6 PM. Credit cards accepted at the gate and cash payments only available at the kiosk near the elevator. Please click here for additional nearby parking information.
Reserved Parking: There are limited parking spaces allotted for people with handicap placards at the entrance on east of Biscayne and N.E. 10th Street
Drop Off Location: There will be an assisted participant Pick up/Drop-Off Area on NE 8th St east of Biscayne Blvd. We will have Golf Cars to help take people with Parkinson’s to the event.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities and is just under a mile in distance.
Site Map: The walk is just one part of Moving Day Miami. There are many other activities:
- We Move Pavilion (#12) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row (#19 – #29) – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Top Team Tailgate (#30 –#32)
- Stage – Home of the We Move Ceremony and Closing Ceremony, the stage is also party central.
- Parkinson’s Experience Tent (#13) – Will have activities that aim to demonstrate some of the challenges people with PD face. This tent will also be the new home for Parkinson’s Foundation free resources and where you can pick up walk bibs and other fun giveaway items.
- VIP Area (VIP) – A special area and continental breakfast for All Star Members and members of our Top Five Teams as of October 15th.
- Calming/Refreshments Tent (#1) provided by Allegro Senior Living – Light snack and water and limited seating available here.
- Local Sponsor Spotlight (#2-11)– Visit with local Sponsors and learn about the services they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage– Home of the We Move Ceremony and Closing, the stage is also party central thanks to music provided by Reflections Productions.
- Team Photo Area (#17)– Gather your team together for group pictures!
- I Move Ribbon Tent (#14)- Visit this tent to display your connection to Parkinson’s. Everyone should have one ribbon to be used during our We Move Ceremony.
- Rewards Tent (#15) –Participants who qualify for rewards will pick up a rewards card at registration.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs are not allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Miami
200 Se 1st Street Suite 800
Miami. FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
*Subject to change
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation South Florida Chapter, please visit our website www.parkinson.org/southflorida.
If you have any questions about Moving Day®, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about our chapter, please contact us below:
ATTN: Moving Day Miami / Tami Brown
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131