Date: Sunday, October 24, 2021
Location: Okeeheelee Park I Map
Activities Begin: I We Move Ceremony:
|8:30 a.m.||Check in, Refreshment Tent, Living with Parkinson’s Tent and Sponsor Row opens|
|8:45 a.m.||SPEAK OUT!® & LOUD Crowd® – Florida Atlantic University Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders|
|9:00 a.m.||Silver Wave Fitness Urban Poling – Nina Camacho|
|9:20 a.m.||Mind, Music, and Movement Foundation – Colleen Sturgess: Rock Steady Boxing Demo|
|9:35 a.m.||Mind, Music, and Movement Foundation – Lilia Drew: Pre-Walk Warm-Up|
|9:45 a.m.||We Move Ceremony and Walk Begins|
|10:30 a.m.||Closing Ceremony|
Important Safety Information: Our priority is to bring our community back together while continuing to keep everyone safe. We are closely following all CDC, state, and local safety guidelines. We strongly encourage you to wear a face mask despite your vaccination status. Physical distancing practices will be enforced to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Sponsor and vendor tents will be appropriately spaced. QR codes will be available to allow participants to easily order PD resources. Staff and volunteers assisting participants will be masked and there will be sanitizing areas throughout the event.
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.MovingDayPalmBeach.org. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official Moving Day shirt on walk day. Moving Day participants can earn additional fundraising rewards by raising $250 or more. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
Directions: The event is located at Okeeheelee Park: 7715 Forest Hill Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33413, at the Micanopy Pavilion. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Parking at the Pavilion is limited. You will need to arrive no later than 8:15 AM. This parking area will close to ensure the safety on walk participants.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities and is less than one mile in distance. Participate in the passport activity by visiting each booth to learn more about available resources and treatment options.
- Information (#1) – Ask questions, simple first aide, and donation drop.
- Rewards Tent (#2) – Where participants pick up rewards who qualify.
- Living with Parkinson’s Tent (#3) – Will have activities that aim to demonstrate some of the challenges people with PD face. This tent will also be the new home for Parkinson’s Foundation free resources and where you can pick up walk bibs and other fun giveaway items.
- I Move Ribbon Tent (#4)- Visit this tent to display your connection to Parkinson’s. Everyone should have one ribbon to be used during our We Move Ceremony.
- National Sponsor Row (#5 -8) – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Refreshments Tent (#9) Living – Light snack and water.
- Sponsor Spotlight (#10-15)– Visit with local Sponsors and learn about the services they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage– Home of the We Move Ceremony and Closing, the stage is also party central thanks to music provided by Reflections Productions.
- Team Photo Area– Gather your team together for group picture at the ARCH!
Restrooms: Restrooms will be available at the Pavilion.
Refreshments: Light snacks and water will be available onsite.
Pets: Well behaved pets are welcome at Moving Day. Owners must be responsible for them, and they must be on a leash at all times.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Palm Beach
200 Se 1st Street Suite 800
Miami. FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation South Florida Chapter, please visit our website www.parkinson.org/florida.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about our chapter, please contact us below:
Tamara Brown | ph: 305-537-9963 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Parkinson’s Foundation Florida Chapter
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, Florida 33131