Date: Sunday, May 5, 2019
Location: Embarcadero Plaza | MAP
Registration opens: 9:00 a.m. | Walk start time: 10:30 a.m.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|9:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|10:30 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Arch)|
|11:30 a.m.||Sno Cone Truck Arrives!|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:15 a.m.||Rock Steady Boxing with Kim Voronin|
|9:35 a.m.||SF Ballet with Cecilia Beam|
|9:50 a.m.||Chair Yoga with Betsy Slavin|
|10:10 a.m.||Mobility Tango with Bob Noakes|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaysanfrancisco.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have preregistered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Embarcadero Plaza, off Market and Stewart Streets, San Francisco, CA 94105. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Garage parking is available for a discounted rate at Embarcadero 3 garage. When you check in at registration you will be given a parking ticket to receive the discount rate.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There is a 1-mile option and a 5K option.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day San Francisco. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- Local and National Sponsors – Meet with our National and Local Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Movement Pavilion Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies emceed by Vern Glenn, local sportscaster from KPIX, Movement demos, and the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by DJ Raid.
- Top Teams and Fundraiser tent – A special area for our VIP teams and top fundraisers and All Star Movers. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Refreshments & Kids Zone – Activities for the younger set including a visit by The Bubble Man and face painting.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
ADA Restrooms: Available
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and teams that have raised $5,000 the Friday two weeks prior to the event, are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: Dogs are allowed at Moving Day on a leash.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day San Francisco
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation, please visit our website www.parkinson.org.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about the foundation, please contact us below:
Gena Lennon| ph: 415-963-0304 | firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: Moving Day San Francisco / Gena Lennon
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131