Date: Saturday, May 9, 2020
Location: Great Meadow Park at Fort Mason | MAP
Activities Begin: 9:00 a.m. | We Move Ceremony & Walk: 9:45 a.m.
We are Volunteer Powered!
Volunteers are needed for our upcoming Moving Day San Francisco walk on May 9, 2020. Our most valuable resource are our volunteers because YOU make things ‘move’.
All volunteers will be given specific instructions on their responsibilities AND will get a volunteer t-shirt at check-in on the day of the event.
Thank you for supporting those families affected by Parkinson’s disease.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Zone, Parkinson’s Experience, Top Fundraising Breakfast, We Move Pavilion and Resource Pavilion open|
|9:20 a.m. to 9:40 a.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|9:45 a.m.||Welcome and Warm-Up for Walk|
|9:50 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.||We Move Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Inflatable Arch)|
|10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Please stick around after the walk to celebrate with your team.
|Event activities continue including games, Kid’s Zone, vendor booths, Resource Pavilion, We Move demonstrations, and much, much more!|
|11:30 a.m.||Closing Ceremony and drawing winners|
|12:30 p.m.||Event Closes|
We Move Ceremony!
We Move Pavilion Schedule – TBA
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.MovingDaySanFrancisco.org. Registering online gives you access to our fundraising resources and lets us keep you updated with Moving Day information, event details and incentives. It also gives us an idea of how many people to expect at the event, so we can plan ahead for refreshments and volunteer staffing.
There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2020 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day cap on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Great Meadow Park at Fort Mason, 204 Franklin Street, San Francisco, CA 94109. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Limited, free parking will be available within Upper Fort Mason (entrance on Bay Street at Franklin) and around Marina Green. Pay to park available at Fort Mason Center. Parking spaces will be reserved for people with handicap placards.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There is a 1.5-mile option and a 3-mile (5K) option. Photos of the walk route will be made available after January 1, 2020.
Walk Site: The walk is just one part of Moving Day San Francisco. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music and movement demos throughout the day!
- Top Fundraiser Breakfast – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2020? The top 4 fundraising teams as well as individual walkers that fundraise $500 or more will earn their spot at the breakfast.
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures with our iconic Golden Gate Bridge as your backdrop!
- Kid’s Zone – Activities for the younger set including carnival games.
- Parkinson’s Experience – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Try out Parkinson’s disease exhibits that mimic what it is like to have PD.
- WE MOVE Pavilion – We Care. We Fight. We MOVE! Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: On-site restrooms will be available including ADA accommodations.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more up until and including during day of registration as well as the top 4 teams by Friday May 1, 2020, are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details to qualifying participants and teams a few days prior to the walk.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs must always remain leashed. It is also required that you clean up after your pet throughout the day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below before, prior to, or after Moving Day.
Parkinson’s Foundation California
Attn: Moving Day San Francisco
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to. You can also fill out the MDSF Donation Form, and include it with your payment.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation, please visit our website www.parkinson.org.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about the foundation, please contact us below:
Colleen Fischer | ph: 415-367-4045 | email@example.com
ATTN: Moving Day San Francisco / Colleen Fischer
Parkinson’s Foundation, Inc.
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131