Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018
Location: Hilde Performance Center & Park | MAP
Registration opens: 9:00 a.m.
Opening Celebration: 10:00 a.m. | Closing Celebration: 11:00 a.m.
Saturday morning was one for the record books! More than 4,000 friends of the PD community joined us to raise more than $330,000 for Moving Day Twin Cities! Thank you for being a part of the celebration. We were elated to see every family member, neighbor and friend celebrate a day of movement as we build Better Lives, Together.
Did you capture moments at Moving Day? We’d love to see them! Please share them with Jennifer at email@example.com. Did you post them to social media? Please include the hashtag #Move4PD – we’ll be able to see them this way too!
Still have donations to turn in?
Mail Checks to:
Attn: Moving Day Twin Cities
8085 Wayzata Blvd Suite 100
Golden Valley, MN 55426
*Be sure to include your name with the check, so you receive credit toward your total dollars raised this year!
The Moving Day Twin Cities website will be live for 30 days after the event. Please reach out to those that haven’t had the chance to donate yet and let them know that they can still show their support. We’re working hard, every day, to make life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure, and every dollar counts in making this possible.
Thank you from Jennifer Hendrickson, Community Development Manager, and the team at the Parkinson’s Foundation, Minnesota Chapter.
Check Donations: Please make checks payable to: Parkinson’s Foundation.
New this year! Turn in your cash and checks early and pick up t-shirts to ensure a smooth morning with your team. We’re open until 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1; Wednesday, May 2 and Thursday, May 3.
Mail checks to:
ATTN: Moving Day Twin Cities
8085 Wayzata Blvd, Ste 100
Golden Valley, MN 55426
*Be sure to include the person’s name that you’re donating to for Moving Day. This way we know which team received the support.
Walk Routes: Moving Day Twin Cities will host two walk routes. The first is a quarter of a mile located in the park. The longer route will be just over a mile and a half. If you’re unable to participate in the walk portion of the day, we look forward to spending time with you at the Movement Pavilion stage until guests return.
Parking: There is ample parking surrounding Hilde Park. Handicapped parking and a drop-off area will be made available in the parking lot off of Plymouth Boulevard.
What time does everything happen?
9:00 AM Registration OPENS!
10:00 AM The Opening Celebration begins!
- Join us at the Movement Pavilion stage to launch another successful Moving Day event. We’ll warm up the crowd and recognize partners that make the event happen!
- NEW THIS YEAR: If you choose to “stay parked” during the walk portion of the morning, please join us at the Pavilion to learn more on PD.
11:00 AM Closing Celebration!
- Return to the Movement Pavilion stage to celebrate another successful year of coming together for the Parkinson’s community! We’ll honor All-Star participants, recognize the Top Walker and Top Team and announce this year’s grand total!
- Remember! The park is large and the crowds are big! Please move close to the Movement Pavilion stage for both the opening and closing celebrations, so you can hear all of the exciting news!
Visit the Move Zones to try a new fitness option! Check the map of the park (link above) for specific locations.
- Delay the Disease
- Seated Exercises
- Nordic Walking
- Tai Chi
Learn more from our partners!
Be sure to visit event partners who provide important information and resources to live well with Parkison’s. Exhibits will be open from 9-11:30 a.m. Check the map of the park (link above) for specific partner locations. This year’s partners include:
- American Parkinson’s Disease Association
- Boston Scientific
- Capistrant Parkinson’s Center
- HealthPartner’s Parkinson’s Center
- Maser | Amundson | Boggio | Hendricks
- Minneapolis Clinic of Neurology
- Noran Neurology Clinic
- Parkinson’s Specialty Care Living Well Home Health
- Right at Home
- Struthers Parkinson’s Center
- UMN Udall Center
- VA Hospital
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation Minnesota Chapter, please visit our website www.parkinson.org/minnesota.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about our chapter, please contact us below:
Jennifer Hendrickson | ph: 763-545-1272| firstname.lastname@example.org
Parkinson’s Foundation Minnesota Chapter
8085 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 100
Golden Valley, MN 55426