IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY ALBUQUERQUE
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|9:00 a.m. to 9:50 a.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|9:50 a.m.||Welcome and Warm-Up for Walk|
|10:00 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins|
|11:45 a.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:00 a.m.||PWR Moves|
|9:40 a.m.||Tai Chi|
|11:30 a.m.||Rock Steady Boxing|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdayalbuquerque.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants including those that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at the University of New Mexico campus at 2400 Tucker Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM 87131. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: You can park on either side of the event site in UNM Lot M.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. The walk will be one lap around area or you can turn around at the water station and head back to the start line.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Albuquerque. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight (RP) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row (#6-#14) – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage (Stage) – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by Bad Habit.
- VIP Team Area (#5) – A special area for our VIP teams. Will your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Team Photo Area (#8) – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kid’s Zone (#11) – Activities for the younger set including coloring pages, balloons, bubble blowing.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent (Mission) – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you.
- Movement Pavilion (MP) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: Restrooms are available inside the Domenici Center. Follow the restroom signs.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and teams that have raised $500 (or the top 5 teams) by the Friday two weeks prior to the event, are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: Dogs are allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Attn: Moving Day Albuquerque
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please make checks payable to the Parkinson’s Foundation. Also, we ask that you include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.