IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR MOVING DAY BROWARD
To download a printable version of the event day details click here.
|8:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|8:30 a.m. to 11:20 a.m.||Movement Pavilion Activities|
|8:30 a.m.||Welcome and Warm-Up for Walk|
|10:00 a.m.||Opening Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Balloon Arch)|
|11:20 a.m.||Closing Ceremony, Top Team Award Presentation|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|8:30 a.m.||Parkinson Dance|
|8:45 a.m.||Ageless Grace|
|10:20 a.m.||Chair Based Exercise|
|10:50 a.m.||Parkinson’s Stretching|
*Schedule is subject to change
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaybroward.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Nova Southeastern University – Gold Circle Lake: 3301 College Ave, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33314. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Limited, free parking will be available between the Horvitz Administration Building and the Hollywood building off College Avenue. Parking spaces will be reserved for people with handicap placards. Parking is highlighted on the above map in yellow.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. Four laps are a mile!
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Broward. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and movement activities, the Stage is also party central!
- Team Photo Area – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kid’s Zone – Activities for the younger set including face painting and balloon animals.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Mission Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you. Visit the Parkinson’s Connection Station to get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion located at the stage! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: Yes, there will be signs to direct you to the restrooms.
Refreshments/Snacks: Healthy snacks and water will be available in the Refreshment Tent.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs are not allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Parkinson’s Foundation South Florida Chapter
Attn: Moving Day Broward
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.