Registration opens: 9:00 a.m. | Walk start time: 10:30 a.m.
|9:00 a.m.||Registration, Refreshment Tent, Kid’s Area, Mission Tent, Resource Pavilion open|
|9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Movement Pavilion|
|10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Opening Ceremony|
|10:30 a.m.||Walk Begins|
|12:00 p.m.||Closing Ceremony, Passport Winner Announced|
Movement Pavilion Schedule
|Time||Movement Pavilion Activity|
|9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.||Parkinson’s Fit Club with Kettering NeuroRehab and Balance Center|
|9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.||Rock Steady Boxing with M Power Gym|
|10:15 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Opening Ceremony & Walk Start|
|10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.||Dance for PD with Jill|
|11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Parkinson’s Fit Club with Kettering NeuroRehab and Balance Center|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaydayton.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Island MetroPark: 101 E. Helena St, Dayton, OH 45405. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Limited, free parking will be available in the lot in front of the park. Parking spaces will be reserved for people with handicap placards. Others are welcome to drop-off in the font lot and park in the additional parking east of the park on North Bend Blvd.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities. There is a ½-mile loop (yellow path on below map) and participants can do as many or as few laps as they are able.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Dayton. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsors (#2 – #4 and #18) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsor Row (#5, #8, and #13 – #17) – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage (#19) – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by our DJ.
- VIP Top Fundraiser’s Breakfast (#1) – A special area for our VIP top 3 teams and individuals who raise $500+. Will you or your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019?
- Team Photo Area (Southern end of #7) – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kids Zone (#12) – Activities for the younger attendees including an obstacle course, temporary tattoos, and more.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Resources Tent (#7) – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you and get free beads that you can wear to show your connection to Parkinson’s disease.
- Movement Pavilion (#6) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
ADA Restrooms: Available at the front of the park
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500 or more and the top 3 teams by the Friday two weeks prior to the event, are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs are not allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Parkinson’s Foundation Ohio
Attn: Moving Day Dayton
2800 Corporate Exchange Dr., Suite 360
Columbus, OH 43231
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation Ohio chapter, please visit our website www.parkinson.org/ohio.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about our chapter, please contact us below:
Contact: Allison Lenz | ph: 614-918-7308 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Parkinson’s Foundation Ohio Chapter
2800 Corporate Exchange Drive, Suite 360
Columbus, OH 43231