Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019
Location: Wolfe Park | MAP
Activities Begin: 12:30 p.m. | We Move Ceremony & Walk: 2:00 p.m.
|12:30 p.m.||Registration and Activities open|
|12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.||We Move Pavilion Activity|
|2:00 p.m.||We Move Ceremony and Walk Begins (Ribbon Cutting at Balloon Arch)|
|2:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.||We Move Pavilion Resumes|
We Move Pavilion Schedule
|Time||We Move Pavilion Activity|
|12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.||pDNextSteps with Melissa|
|1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.||OSU Live Well with Parkinson’s with OSU Team|
|1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.||We Move Pavilion Closed for We Move Ceremony|
|2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||Functional Fitness with Jane|
|2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.||Rock Steady Boxing with Jessie and Jesse|
|3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.||Dance for Parkinson’s with Chloe|
Registration: To register online for Moving Day, go to www.movingdaycolumbus.org. You can register in person at the Registration Tent on walk day. We strongly encourage everyone to register pre-event. There is no registration fee; however, we encourage all participants to raise at least $100 to receive an official 2019 Moving Day shirt on walk day. Fundraise $250 or more to receive an exclusive Moving Day water bottle on walk day. Walk participants can earn additional fundraising rewards. Please visit our Fundraising Rewards page for more information.
All participants that have pre-registered must check-in at the Registration Tent (#20 on the map below) on walk day.
Directions: The event is located at Wolfe Park – 105 Park Drive, Columbus, OH 43209. When you arrive, please follow the Moving Day signs.
Parking: Free parking is available at the park in the areas marked on the map. The lot directly north of the Shelterhouse will be designated for those with a handicap placard and will also be the drop off zone for those unable to walk from the parking area. When the lots in the park are full, additional parking is located across the street at St. Charles and volunteers will direct you how to get to the park without having to cross the street.
Walk Route: The Moving Day walk is for participants of all ages and all abilities and the walk is a 1-mile loop around the park.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day Columbus. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Sponsor Row (#1 – #13) – Meet with our National Sponsors and Local Sponsors to learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Resource Pavilion & Local Sponsor Spotlight (#16 & #17) – Visit with local businesses and organizations providing services to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- Stage – Home of the We Move Ceremony, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided by DJ Greg.
- VIP Top Fundraiser’s Brunch (#19) – A special area for our top fundraisers and VIP teams. Will you and/or your team earn a spot for Moving Day 2019? Guarantee entry by raising $500+.
- Team Photo Area (eastern side of #22) – Gather your team together for group pictures!
- Kids Zone (#18) – Activities for the younger set including crafts, tattoos, face paint, and more!
- Parkinson’s Experience Tent (#15) – Participate in activities that simulate some of the cognitive symptoms, physical symptoms, and visual symptoms that someone with PD may experience. Additionally, learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Don’t forget to fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you while you are at the Parkinson’s Experience Tent.
- We Move Pavilion (#14) – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- I MOVE Ribbons (#22) – Stop by the I MOVE Ribbons tent to select one of 4 colors to identify your connection to Parkinson’s. The ribbons play an important role in our We Move Ceremony, so be sure to grab one before the ceremony at 2pm.
Restrooms: Located inside the Shelterhouse including ADA restrooms. There is a ramp to access the Shelterhouse on the south side of the building.
Top Fundraiser Brunch: All participants that have raised $500 or more and the top 3 teams) by Friday, August 30, are invited to join us at the brunch. Your Moving Day Staff partner will provide additional details soon.
Refreshments: Water, fruit, and granola bars will be available for all participants.
Dogs: For the safety of our participants, dogs are not allowed at Moving Day.
Rain or Shine: Moving Day takes place rain or shine! Be sure to check the weather forecast and prepare accordingly. If conditions warrant any change, announcements will be made on the Moving Day website.
Donations: Cash, check and credit card donations will be accepted on walk day.
Donations can be mailed to the address below prior to or after Moving Day.
Parkinson’s Foundation Ohio Chapter
Attn: Moving Day Columbus
2800 Corporate Exchange Dr. Suite 360
Columbus, OH 43231
Please include a note with your donations indicating the participant and/or team the donation(s) should be credited to.
To learn more about the resources in your area, and the great work of the Parkinson’s Foundation Ohio chapter, please visit our website www.parkinson.org/ohio.
If you have any questions about Moving Day, are interested in sponsorship opportunities or would like information about our chapter, please contact us below:
Contact: Cathy Wigton | ph: 614-918-7304 | email@example.com
Parkinson’s Foundation Ohio Chapter
2800 Corporate Exchange Drive, Suite 360
Columbus, OH 43231