Why start a corporate team?
Employees from companies of all sizes can make a difference by participating in Moving Day®.
In addition to Moving Day® being ‘A day to move, a day to move others, a day that moves YOU!’ It’s also a day to…
- Bring your office colleagues together! The Moving Day® walk and Movement Pavilion provide a great opportunity for team-building!
- Encourage co-workers from different departments or facilities to come together and interact.
- Encourage co-workers to get out and exercise at Moving Day.
- Volunteer and represent your company. Employees can show their leadership skills by becoming a Team Captain.
- Give back to your local community and support employees who may be living with Parkinson’s disease.
Depending of the size of your company, it is recommended you have at least one designated person to sign up as a Team Captain. For companies where you want to get multiple teams involved you may want to designate a Team Captain for each team. Multiple teams are often created when departments, facilities or divisions want to introduce a bit of friendly company fundraising competition. This element of competition also helps to raise more dollars and will take the company to its goal! The Team Captain/s should lead the effort to recruit additional walkers, personalize the team fundraising webpage, and keep everyone excited and motivated.
Company Matching Gifts?
Does your company offer a matching gift program? If they do, make sure all team members know how to apply to get their donations matched. You can search here for your company.
Corporate Team Tools
Use these tools to help you and your team get started and reach your goal: