Moving Day NC Triangle Info:
What time is Moving Day NC Triangle?
Registration and all activity areas open at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, November 2, 2019. All activities will open at 10:00am and go until 1:00pm.
Where is Moving Day NC Triangle?
Moving Day is at Dix Park in Raleigh. Use 1800 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603 for GPS directions (Dix Park is very BIG so please be sure to use the Umstead address). Recommend entering Dix Park off of Western Blvd. onto Hunt Drive…turn right onto Umstead at end of Hunt and you will see venue on your right…look for the Arch.
Where can I park? Is it free?
Parking is free. A limited number of handicap parking spaces are available in lot immediately across from venue and on Dawkins Drive (road right past venue on your right). Please follow signage leading you to parking lots. In addition, a drop-off zone is available where parking volunteers will be available to assist participants being dropped off. Final note, we will have golf carts transporting individuals needing assistance from parking lots to venue.
Who can help if I have questions or get lost at the event?
Please look for a volunteer in a bright yellow shirt or a Moving Day Committee Member in a gray t-shirt. You can go to registration as well.
Is there a hashtag I can use for social media?
Yes! Thanks for asking! Please let everyone in your network know how much fun you’re having while helping to raise awareness by using the hashtags #move4PD or #BeatParkinsons.
In the past I saw a lot of people wearing bibs in honor/or memory of someone. Where can I get a bib?
The bibs are available for free in the Parkinson’s Foundation Resource Tent.
The walk is just one part of Moving Day NC Triangle. There are many other activities at Moving Day:
- Resource Pavilion– Visit with local businesses and organizations to learn about the services they provide to the local community and people with Parkinson’s.
- National Sponsors – Meet with our National Sponsors and learn about the opportunities they provide for the Parkinson’s community.
- Stage – Home of the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, the Stage is also party central thanks to music provided throughout the event. After you’ve finished walking, be sure to stick around for the Closing Ceremony so you can learn which teams won awards. We’ll also be drawing the winners of our Passport Contest during the Closing Ceremony and you must be present to win.
Top Fundraiser Breakfast: All participants that have raised $500+ and the teams that have raised $6,000+ as of Wednesday, October 30, 2019 are invited to join us at the breakfast. Your Moving Day Staff partner will announce and provide additional details to those teams and individuals prior to the event.
In addition to the walk, what else can I do?
- Team Photo Area– Gather your team together for group pictures…Team Captains will be sent a schedule showing time for the ‘team photo’. Also, be on the lookout for our roving photographer to take your picture. If you take pictures, please share them to our Facebook page or tag them with our hashtags #BeatParkinsons, #Move4PD.
- Parkinson’s Pals (Kid Zone) – Activities for the younger children.
- Parkinson’s Foundation Resource Tent – Learn about all the free resources, educational materials, programs, and training available from the Parkinson’s Foundation. Fill out a Walk Bib to honor loved ones and show why Moving Day is important to you.
- Movement Pavilion – Get moving at our signature pavilion! Here’s an opportunity for everyone to try out many Parkinson’s-friendly exercises led by trained professionals.
- My ‘key’ to Living with Parkinson’s – Visit this tent to get your picture taken and share what your ‘key’ to living with Parkinson’s is.
Moving Day Registration:
**Please allow up to 24 hours for your registration to appear in search results and for donations to appear in your participant center and on the Moving Day website.
Do I have to visit the Register/Check-in Tent? What if I registered online?
Yes! We ask that everyone in attendance stops by the Registration Tent, even if you’ve already registered online. It’s how we’ll provide you with important information, maps, schedules, and last minute changes. It’s also where you will pick up your ‘fundraising reward prizes’ and a Passport that will be your ‘event guide’.
Is there a registration fee
Moving Day NC Triangle does not charge to participate in our event. As our largest fundraiser, however, we hope that everyone in attendance makes a donation and/or fundraises and creates a team.
How do I get a Passport so I can enter the drawings for 'prizes'?
Passports can be picked up at Registration. The Passports contain squares labeled with our National and Local sponsors and other areas such as Parkinson’s Foundation Resource Tent
- Stop by the tents listed on the Passport to get each of your squares stamped.
- Once you’ve gotten all stamps, return the passport to the rewards tent to get your raffle ticket for drawing of prizes which will be around 12:45pm.
- Passports need to be turned in by 12:30pm to be eligible for the drawing.
- Winners will be drawn during the Closing Ceremony. You must be present at the drawing in order to win.
Moving Day Teams:
** Please note after registering as an individual, if you later wish to join a team or start a team contact your local event contact and they can update your registration for you.**
How do I re-create my team from last year?
To re-create a team from last year, you must have been a member of the team in the same event last year, and log in with the username and password you used last year. Forgot your username and password?
Find your local walk, click ‘Register’ and select the ‘Re-Create a Team’ option. As a returning registrant you will be prompted to log in to expedite your registration process.
How do I register additional team members online?
To register additional team members – family, friends or colleagues – you will be given an option at the end of your own registration process. You will see a ‘Add Another Participant’ button; click this button and follow the steps to add an additional walker. You can add as many team members as you like but each additional walkers registration needs to be completed, and the liability waiver accepted, one at a time.
Do I have to be on a team? How big do teams have to be?
You can participate in Moving Day NC Triangle as an individual. There’s no size requirement for teams. Whether your team has two members or 200, we’re happy you’re participating in Moving Day NC Triangle to raise money and awareness for Parkinson’s disease.
Team T-shirts & T-Shirt Contest
- Many teams have custom made t-shirts for their teams. The Parkinson’s Foundation has partnered with a company that will make the t-shirts for you. If you would like to use this company, please click here for more information.
- T-Shirt Contest – this year Right at Home is sponsoring a ‘t-shirt’ contest. Any team wanting to submit their t-shirt for the contest needs to complete the entry form and submit t-shirt as instructed…click here for entry form. Voting will take place at Moving Day and winner announced on stage and presented a check by Right at Home for $1,000 that will go towards the team’s fundraising efforts!
Moving Day NC Triangle Donation Info:
**Please allow up to 24 hours for your donations to appear in your participant center, on the Moving Day website, and for your registration to appear in search results.
I have donations to turn in? Can I do that on Saturday?
You sure can! Please drop them off at the Registration Tent when you arrive.
Can I make a donation at Moving Day?
Of course! We’ll be accepting cash, check, and credit card donations at Registration.
Will donations that are made or turned in on Saturday be reflected on the Moving Day NC Triangle website?
Yes, however, these donations will not be processed online until the week following Moving Day.
I'm still waiting for some donations. Can I turn them in after the event?
YES!!! You can continue fundraising and turn in donations up to 30 days after Moving Day NC Triangle. Donations can either be made online or mailed to:
Attn: Donor Services/MD NC Triangle
200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800
Miami, FL 33131
What should I tell people who don't want to donate online?
Donations can be mailed to Attn: Donor Services/MD NC Triangle, Parkinson’s Foundation, 200 SE 1st Street, Suite 800, Miami, FL 33131. Please make checks payable to Parkinson’s Foundation. Have donors include MD NC Triangle, your name and team name in memo line so we can properly attribute the funds to you and your team.
How do I get a Moving Day t-shirt? Can I buy one?
Limited-edition Moving Day NC Triangle t-shirts are awarded to participants who have raised $100 or more. Registration volunteers will provide you with a ‘rewards’ card to claim your t-shirt at the event. They are not for sale.
I raised a lot of money - do I get a shirt for every $100 that I raised?
No, participants who raise $100 or more are only eligible to receive one shirt.
I raised $1,000 and have 10 team members; does everyone on my team get a t-shirt?
No, the shirt is only awarded to the person who raised the money.
Do I get a t-shirt if I donated $100 to a walker?
No, the shirt is only awarded to the person who raised the money. However, you can register to walk and self-donate to raise the $100 needed to earn a shirt.
New Fundraising Incentives for Individuals
Click here for the Moving Day Reward flyer
- $100 – signature event t-shirt (individuals that raise $100+ will get this t-shirt)
- $250 – signature t-shirt & water bottle
- $500 – signature t-shirt, water bottle & Continental Breakfast for you and a guest
- $1000- signature t-shirt, water bottle & Continental Breakfast for you and a guest, signage with your name on it saying “All Star Movers Club” plus a signature lapel pin.
Moving Day – Common Walk Day Questions:
What happens if it rains?
Moving Day takes place rain or shine.
How far is the walk? Is it timed?
We have 2 walks: Champion Walk (1/4 mile) and Challenge Walk (1 mile). The Walks are on a paved path that easily accommodates strollers, walkers, wheelchairs, and scooters. This is not a timed/chipped run/walk.
Is Moving Day kid friendly?
Yes! Please bring the whole family! Moving Day NC Triangle is a great opportunity for all your loved ones to rally around friends or family battling Parkinson’s disease. We have a “Parkinson’s Pals’ area where children will learn about Parkinson’s, make special cards for their loved one with PD and be able to participate in an obstacle course to highlight ‘movement’.
Can I bring my dog?
Well-behaved dogs are welcome on a leash. Please stop by Registration to fill out a dog waiver. And of course, please make sure you clean up after your pet.
Are ADA restrooms available?
Restrooms, including handicap restrooms will be on-site behind the stage (all will be port-a-jons).
Is First Aid on site?
Your safety is our top priority. First Aid will be at the event site behind the stage. Please alert a volunteer if there is an emergency.
Will there be food or beverages?
We will have 4 Food trucks. To date Cousins Maine Lobster and Kona Ice are confirmed. Be sure to bring cash or credit cards.
Free bottled water, fruit, and other snacks will be available for participants (while supplies last) at the Refreshments/Snack tent. Bottled water stations are also scattered around the walk route.
Top Fundraisers Breakfast Tent – Individuals that raise $500+ and Teams that raise $7,500+ will be granted access to the Top Fundraisers Breakfast tent where we will serve continental style food plus beverages such as coffee, juice, etc. Individuals will be able to enter with one guest. Team Captains will get up to 15 wristbands for their team. Wristbands for this breakfast area will be given out at the Registration tent when you check-in through the ‘rewards’ incentive.
Moving Day Help:
Who do I contact if I need help with my Participant Center or Fundraising page?
Please contact me, Diana Parrish, email@example.com
, your local Moving Day Event Coordinator/Organizer with any questions you have.